Thursday, June 5, 2008

We found a surgeon. Let's hope he can do this. I am getting scheduled for an MRI -- hopefully, on Monday -- so I can meet with the surgeon on Tuesday. He is an Orthopedic Oncological Surgeon, so this is up his alley. I am praying for him or any other surgeon we come in contact with. I don't know who is going to actually do the surgery, but Heavenly Father does, so I am praying that whoever does it will be prepared and kind and extremely knowledgeable to best help me. From what we can tell the tumor has separated a lot from the rest of my leg in the back (there aren't fingers wrapping around the front that we can feel anymore), so hopefully the surgery will be less invasive than it would have been 6 years ago. Plus, we have the chemo treatments we are doing now to catch anything the surgeon can't. I am petrified when I think about the surgery, so we have been trying to think of all the good things: being able to fit in pants again, being able to SIT in a chair, not lugging around 30 extra pounds with me when I can walk again. :) AND, hopefully, we can be DONE with this infection that continues to plague me and keep me sick. I am so done with fevers and all the junk that comes with infection.

The kids are enjoying summer life here. They swim every day and play lots with cousins.

Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement. I appreciate it. It is working.

6 comments:

Sheyenne said...

Oh good! I'm glad you found a surgeon. I'm sure it's really scary to think of the surgery, but it WILL be wonderful not to have to carry that extra weight around, and I'll bet when it's out you won't believe the difference, since you've been carrying it so long. I'll be praying for your surgeon as well. Great to hear how you're doing.

John and Amy said...

Anna! I am so happy for you! The kids and I have been praying for your health (and a bit selfishly) and your safe return. We miss you!
Amy

Sheen Family said...

Holy cow - remember last Christmas you told me you wanted running shoes for next Christmas?! You're on your way lady!!

Keep calling me - maybe we'll actually get to chat sometime! That would be nice!!

Did you get your book in the mail?

Geoff and Emily said...

Anna, I hope everything goes well with surgery! You are so strong and have so much faith knowing that the Lord has prepared someone to take care of you! I know He has too! Hang in there! Hey, I am going to be in Mesa next month for a few days and would love to come see you!? Would you feel up to it? I'll e-mail you more about it. Love ya! Emily

Terri Bills said...

I can relate to the hot weather and admire you for handling all you have thrown at you and the heat on top of that. are you able to get in the pool at all? Maybe wrap the leg. The weightlessness would feel so good.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow - Monday - while I'm at girls camp. I'll find a spot to say a prayer for you and your family and your surgeon (s) whoever that turns out to be. I know you may not feel brave given that you didn't really have a choice in this, but many people would give up long before now, and even more would give in to the bad words at the very least - that makes you Super Woman!!

Tammy said...

Wow that is great. We will continue to pray for you and your family. We miss and love yall.