Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This last week has been busy busy going back to the Dr for treatments, working with a home health care nurse, a physical therapist, an occupational therapist, and trying to be somewhat of a presence in my kids' lives. Sleep was better for a few nights and I found myself starting to build up my strength a smidge. Rick was here until Friday and we missed him right away when he was gone. We are sad that he won't be able to work from Mesa anymore, so anytime we see him will be on a weekend he can come or at the end of August when he will take some vacation time to be with us. It just all seems so far apart.

My hair didn't lose anytime falling out faster than ever with starting chemo treatments this past week. I made my sister and sister-in-law promise me on Sunday that they will tell me when I need a wig. Ugh. It is too hot here, but I will never go completely bald - so I won't do the shaved thing.

On a good note - I drove the other day for the first time. Easy as ever! AND I finally got to get in the pool on Saturday!!!!! It felt soooooooooo good! On Monday my Occupational Therapist worked with me on balance doing exercises in the pool. It made it more fun and less stressful since I knew I wasn't going to fall over, but it was hard - very good for my flabby stomach.

My Mom, Caleb and Emma and I are driving to Austin for a few days this weekend to go through some house things and see some people (like Rick). We are excited, even though we know we won't get to see even half the people we want to see in this very very quick trip. I am so glad I am feeling up to it and feeling more able at doing more things. It is exciting to be getting a little more independence.

3 comments:

John and Amy said...

Anna,
We'd love to see you, but do not want to intrude on family time. Please know we are thinking of you and praying for you all the time. You are the bravest person I know and I feel very fortunate to have you in my life! Please travel safely and have a wonderful weekend. If there is time, give us a call.
Amy

Geoff and Emily said...

Anna, it was so good to see you! I wish we had been able to just keep talking and talking all night, 'cause I know we could have! I hope you continue to get stronger and better - you look so great! Say HI to Rick for us, and have a good time in Austin! Love you!! Emily

Brady and Berta said...

I love you! You made my blog awards, so check out the blog.