Monday, October 13, 2008

A Finger-lickin' Good Life




Being back home has its advantages. Like HEB (our favorite grocery store), the beautiful hill country, Round Rock Donuts and great barbecue. We don't go out to get it, though there are some great places here. Why, when the kids think there is something special about the way their Dad fixes barbecued chicken wings? Especially Emma, who is not afraid to get her fingers dirty. I think Caleb would like it more if he could eat it without getting messy. :)

The kids are back in piano, which has been great. Caleb will humor me occasionally by playing duets with me. I love it when he does, but usually it takes a lot of begging with a "fine, but just ONE." Emma, on the other hand, begs me and so hopefully one day soon I will have a willing partner. A dream of mine is to hear them play a duet together someday. Wouldn't that be great?

Life is pretty great these days. The days are breezy and warm, the nights are cool, we are together again as a family and I actually got 4 hours of school out of the kids today with almost NO whining. AND they have been playing for several hours this afternoon with no squabbles. I really should check for fevers, but I am having way too much fun listening to them to interupt. Days like today should last at least 72 hours. 24 hours is not enough.

5 comments:

Paige said...

I'm glad to hear the serenity in your "voice"...and that picture of Emma is priceless!

Heather Magnusson said...

I'm so happy you are home and comfortable again!!! I know things will be great when you can move into your new house and unpack... and settle... whew! Enjoy!!

Stephanie T said...

I am so happy to hear you guys are back! I wish we saw you guys on Sunday still. Or at Cubs.

Jessica said...

Anna,
Thank you for posting the link to your blog on Facebook, it was nice to get to catch up on what's been going on with you. You are a wonderful lady and I wish we were still in the same ward.
Love,
Jessica

Debe said...

sounds like things are the way they should be! We miss you tons but happy for YOU!!