Friday, December 12, 2008

Days Of Our Lives

I feel like our life has been a bit of a soap opera lately. But we are hoping it is winding down. It is official: our buyers didn't end up qualifying (though we were assured that they were pre-qualified, etc). Anyway, a week ago, we "moved" back into our house. We have been on pins and needles to figure everything out this week, just a lot of waiting, mostly. But it is over with these buyers. *sigh* I am so sad! It means we are going to lose our earnest money AND the cost of having a moving van for 2 1/2 weeks, but worst of all, we are probably losing the new house we have been sooooooooo excited about and that was such an amazing deal and I have to continue to deal with stairs.

Anyway, it is over for now and I PROMISE, not to post anything more about moving (at least until it is a done deal). I don't even want to talk about it. bleck!

A few days ago, I decided that regardless of what was going to happen, it was time for our family to have some Christmas. So..... we set up the tree last night and have been playing Christmas music and are trying to have some Christmas spirit.

The kids have been amazing through all of this. I am so grateful for them! And I am glad it is Christmastime to have something so wonderful to focus on!

Anyway, I am DONE. I just thought I would keep everyone "posted." I am done with this and it is time to celebrate that at least it is over. I am "decking" our "halls" today and I am happy.

6 comments:

Sheyenne said...

Oh my word. I'm sorry Anna, but they were just total jerks to string you along like that. I hope they know the heck they put you through. And how you sit down and write a nice little post like that I do not know, because I'm fuming mad and I haven't even had to deal with the situation! I'm glad you decided to put up your tree and feel a little Christmas-y. You deserve some cheer right now.

Sarah said...

Oh Anna, I wish I could come and buy your house. I'm with Sheyenne. That makes me so mad when people try to get into things they know they can't afford. Maybe because I know that we can't afford... :) Anyway, I'm so sorry! You probably don't want to hear this but I'm glad that we will have you in the ward a little longer.

Strong Family - said...

Oh my...I'm so, so sorry! What a time you've had. Thanks for keeping us updated...I've been wondering. Please let us know if we can do anything for you! Or if you want to bring your kids over and just hang out. I miss talking to you! Lauree

Geoff and Emily said...

You have such a good attitude, Anna, even in the midst of all of this nonsense! I am glad you are "decking the halls" and that you are happy. I love you!!
Emily

Stephanie T said...

We're sorry you aren't moving into our ward.
I hope you have a great Christmas, at least this is all decided before the kids are out of school. Time seems to slow down then, so you can revel in all the delights of the season.

Terri Bills said...

So, maybe good things happen from bad? You are bound to find even a better house with a better deal and you'll realize the the Lord has His plans for us all along. At least that's my take on things that go so wrong when we really really want them to go right.

Sorry you're having all this stress, especially at the holidays. I do understand how kids can make it all better - they're great.