Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Could I Start This Day Over, Please?

It all began at 1:30am. I had gone to bed with a sore throat and feeling achy (don't worry, no cough -- NO swine-ish-ness about me) to be woken up by the dogs next door howling. Anyone who has stayed with us knows what I am talking about. Then, because of the rottweiler and lab, our little dog thinks it MUST be morning and runs upstairs, ever-hopeful that we will get up with him. Rick took him out, put him back to bed and, I thought that would be it. For some reason, though, I was WIDE awake. Just as I was dozing off, around 2:30, the dogs next door start howling again. At that point I was wishing I had a gun.

To make a long story short, feeling sick and already in pain from a previous fall where I pulled a muscle under my arm, I was pretty off kilter for most of the day. This afternoon I did a doozy, though. Going down the stairs, I fell and landed right on my twisted foot. I hope it isn't broken. That would be a nightmare, but it hurts like bad words and I am once again reminded of what a whiney wimp I am.

Seriously, though, how do stay you off of a sprained foot if it is the only one you have?

To top it all off, I just realized I have been wearing my shirt backwards all day -- running errands, going to the chiropractor, teaching piano. How embarrassing! Maybe I will wake up tomorrow and this will have been a bad dream.

4 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Aunt Anna! You need to take better care of your three remaining limbs!! I hope you feel better soon and that tomorrow is a better day. At least it can't get much worse, right?

Tammy said...

So so sorry to hear about your rough day. Please let me know what I can do to help you.... I am great at cleaning, lawn mowing....
SERIOUSLY LET ME KNOW

Emily Morgan said...

I am sorry you had such a rotten day! I hope your foot isn't broken and that it gets feeling better soon! Oh, and by the way - you are the OPPOSITE of a whiney wimp!! Love you!