Thursday, July 2, 2009

Today Feels Like Friday, but I Know Sunday Will Come

Yesterday was a hard day and it went on a lot of the night. I learned yesterday afternoon that a friend from last summer had passed away yesterday morning. This man is one who came to be treated by Dr. Lodi also. I fell in love with Tom and Dana as a couple. They were my age, full of life and enthusiasm and spunk. You rarely see people as in love as these two! They loved each other, their kids and just being a family. It has been hard to think about Tom passing away. I had just recently learned that he wasn't doing well and I know he was in a dreadful amount of pain. There has been many tears and much introspection. I wish I could just fly up to Colorado and give Dana a big squeeze. I love Dana with all my heart.

I have been trying not to wonder why there has to be so much pain in life sometimes. I only know that through this all I have been so grateful for the One who can help us through it. I am grateful for the timeliness of this message that the Church put on their website only this week. I have watched it several times in the last 24 hours, including early morning hours when I should have been sleeping, but my heart was aching instead. The resurrection has become so much more real for me in the last year. I am grateful for the Savior, for His Gift. I know that someday I will have two legs to kneel at my Savior's feet to thank Him for all He has done. But I will not let that stop me from kneeling with one leg today. Today, I need to remember to be grateful to be with MY family and to be alive. I am truly grateful for the knowledge that if I can be worthy, I can be with my family forever.

3 comments:

Alison K. said...

Oh Anna!! I love you and miss you so much! You are so strong and such an example to those around you that i am just overwhelmed. You give me and so many others strength and i hope that someday i can give to you in return.

Tammy said...

I just love you Anna. You really help me through my trials. You inspire me to keep my head up and push forward. I am so privilaged to know you. You are always in our prayers!!

Geoff and Emily said...

Oh Anna! I am so sorry that I didn't even know about you losing your friend and we were just there visiting with you the next day! I would have cried with you had I known! I write this as tears roll down my cheeks for the sweet message of this post! Thanks so much for all of the inspiration you give me! You truly are amazing, and are one of those blessings I thank my Heavenly Father for!