Monday, April 5, 2010

I Know that Sunday WILL Come

I apologize for being redundant, but I just HAD to post this again on my blog.  In preparing for a Family Home Evening Lesson tonight, I was feeling lazy.  I wanted something meaningful, but not something that would take a long time to prepare.  I spent all day at the Dr's office again today getting rehydrated.  I know the talks were great in General Conference, but this was one conference I will get the most out of by reading the Ensign, as I spent most of the weekend sleeping or throwing up. 

Anyway, I remembered this YouTube clip I had posted last summer and as I watched it I cried and cried.  This last "Friday" for me has felt long and hard -- too hard.  At times I have wondered if I would come out of it or if it was worth it to keep fightting and hoping for Sunday. 

So this clip and the Finding Faith in Christ DVD with a testimony meeting was our lesson.  Maybe it is "lazy" prep, but it was sweet.


Sunday will come.  Sunday will come.  Sunday does come.  I know the Savior lives.  I know He loves me.  "I stand all amazed" at the grace given me each day.  At the beginning of so many days lately, the hours loom ahead and I wonder, "Can I really make it through this day?"  At the close of each day, I am so grateful for the people and things the Savior has blessed me with.  I am truly strengthened by angels each day.  Here on the earth and those on the other side whose presence is very real. 

I am grateful for beautiful music.  That is one of the things I did hear in General Conference this weekend.  Each song was for me -- sorry for any of you who think otherwise.  ;)  When the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang, How Firm a Foundation, tears started immediately.  And, that last verse - so long a favorite - holds a dear promise for me: 
"The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
I cannot, I will not, desert to his foes,
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake."

And, tonight, since it was Caleb's turn to pick the opening song in FHE, we sang it again (that is what he always picks -- so we sing it at least once a month in FHE). 

The sad truth is, now that I am pumped full of anti-nausea and pain meds and vitamins and minerals, I do have more hope than I had this weekend.  I need to learn how to have hope without those things, but they SURE DO make it easier.

5 comments:

Bolliger Mom said...

Thank you Anna.
I felt the spirit as you shared your Family Home Evening video clip. It was beautiful.

I am thankful for that Holy Spirit that allows us to be comforted in dark times... and Light ones too....and when we are miles away.

Awesome FHE message. The Best.

Love,
Katharine

Karson said...

We Love you Anna! Abby and Gracie never forget you in their bed time prayers and school prayers :)

Sheen Family said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love you and I think about you often! I wish we lived closer - but know that you are always in my heart and my thoughts and prayers!

Natalie said...

Anna,

I just caught up a bit on your blog and I just want you to know know much I love you! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! I miss you and you are a wonderful example to me!

Natalie :)

Kristi said...

I love you Anna Davies!