Friday, April 4, 2008

April 4, 2008

Well, we met with Dr. Lodi yesterday for the first time. He is amazing. Very knowledgeable and very thorough in his explanations. A little too thorough for me -- I don't really care about all the medical stuff, but Mom loved it. :) Here is my biggest complaint so far: he is on Hawaii-time, or something. My appointment was for 10:00 and we didn't get back to see him until 10:50. Then the rest of the day kind of followed that idea. He did want to jump in on treatments, though, so I got an IV yesterday with Vitamins, Minerals, etc and then one with Alpha Lipoic Acid. Everyone I met there was very very nice. I didn't see any patients there my age -- most are my parents ages or older. But that is ok, because they are so sweet to me. It was interesting. All these cancer patients in together, all worried about each other and expressing compassion for each other. What an experience in love. And the staff is very nice. There is someone checking on you all the time -- I mean every 5 minutes or so.

Having a picc line DID make such a difference in getting an IV. They pulled blood out first to do some lab work. I didn't even feel it. Then they started the IV, other than feeling cold for a little bit -- I didn't feel it. It did make it take longer, though. So my IV took 2 1/2 hours, where most people's takes between 1 1/2 hours and 2 hours.

But by the time I got back to Mom's house, I was a wreck! My leg was swollen worse than I have ever seen it. And the PAIN!!!!!!!!! After sitting, sitting, sitting, I was absolutely a disaster. Spencer and Kyle came over and gave me a blessing and I did feel much better. And I slept soooooooooooooooooooo much better. So this morning, there is a pretty high number on the pain scale, stll, but some of the swelling is down and I feel a lot more lucid.

Today I meet with Dr. Lodi again. Then we start the IPT. So the next time type in here, I will have chemotherapy in ne, agh! BUT, Dr. Lodi HAS treat liposarcomas. He treated a man who had one in his thigh! And it is GONE after working with Dr. Lodi

I hope all goes well today. Hopefully, I will be able to sleep better again tonight.

No comments: