Sunday, April 13, 2008






There isn't much to report today. I just thought I would put up some pictures that we took this weekend. Some of the family and one of the kids on their hike. For those of you who don't know, the 2 cute boys in the front of the picture from the hike are Kaden and Kohl Knopp, two cousins who live here in Mesa. This weekend has been full of cousin fun -- which we are so grateful for. The kids are making great relationships and memories to last a long time.
I haven't been in much pain today -- I have just been dealing with a lot of swelling. We'll get it under control....
Today in Church some women sang "This is the Christ" by James E. Faust. I have always loved that song. Today, as I listened to their beautiful voices I was touched by the line, "How many drops of blood were shed for me?" I am so grateful for the Savior, for His Atonement, His great love and care for each of us. I know we each must come to the Savior on our own -- He will not force us -- and the usually what brings us there is being humbled. There are moments when suffering is so hard, but I am not as Job yet (not even a comparison). If this is what the Savior wants me to go through to be the person He wants me to be, I will try to do it more cheerfully and with less complaining. I have so much to be thankful for! I have many great examples all around me of people who have smiled through trials. My goal is to be more like them. Being here with brothers and sisters and friends has given me an opportunity to see what good people I have in my life. My brothers and sisters and their spouses here are so brave and so selfless. I am very grateful for them and their support of our little family while we are here! They have all sacrificed and are sacrificing a lot for us. I am growing to admire them more every day. I am so lucky to have the family I have. Parents, siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews......... the list goes on.
I need to go to sleep. It is WAY too late. I was falling asleep trying to download pictures 2 hours ago. Now, for some reason, I am wide wide awake.

1 comment:

JoelandDeborah said...

Anna, we love you so much! The pictures you have posted here are beautiful. A thousand hugs and kisses to you, and a million prayers for you!