Friday, April 11, 2008

Well, I got one picture today. The red in the tube is my blood -- is that cool? Yes, no. I know it is a little gross. One of the treatments is taking out 200cc of blood, mixing a bunch of stuff with it, and putting it back into my body. That was one of the treatments today. Definitely the easiest of the day. Tracey is one of my favorite nurses. She is really great. She is kind of like a mother hen and really watches over me. Later today, after a different procedure I had a "moment". I got really loopy and dizzy and didn't realize how 'off'' I was until I got up to walk to the bathroom. One of the nurses basically caught me as I was falling across the room. Then Tracey and Michelle (the other nurse) started to hustle. They monitored me and didn't leave my side for about 30 minutes. They had Dr. Lodi come in and then he kept checking on me. I just wanted to sleep, but, since one of my issues apparently was my blood sugar, they wouldn't let me sleep at first. Even after I was doing better, I got checked very carefully the rest of the afternoon. It is nice to know they are so careful. I finally did get a good nap, though, while my IV finished.

Rick got here tired and we were all disappointed about that. In other words, he wasn't much fun today. He is paying for it by having me put it here. :) He is awake enough now to be playing xBox with Caleb, which makes Caleb happy, so that is good. Tomorrow he is taking the kids hiking, swimming, and shopping for birthday presents for cousins and their Mom. So he will get to redeem himself in his kids' eyes. Even tired, though, Rick was helpful by watching Matthew for Spencer and Karson while they got ready for their date. Then he snuggled Emma while she didn't feel good. It really is good just to have him there.

My pain is down again today and the tumor is definitely less swollen. And no IV's until Monday. Hurrah! I have a PET scan scheduled for Wednesday morning and I don't know if I want to know the results of that. I am sure curiosity will win out. I just don't know if I really want to know if it has spread to places I didn't know about. There are enough I DO know about. Signing off until Monday or so......




2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh sweet Anna,
I am so glad that you have found someone who is treating you and has experience. Please know that you are in my prayers. I'll be especially interested in your PET scan. I have had several, they are not too bad!
sending love, prayers and hope your way
-Heidi B

Jeanne said...

Anna, We are thinking of you and have you in our prayers...I am so glad that you are surrounded by family there. It makes all the difference in the world=)

Jeanne and Scott
Lyssa, Jace, Kiara