Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Today I went for a PET scan. Ugh! All I can say is that I am glad it wasn't an MRI; this was bad enough. But it is over. I don't know if I really want the results if they aren't good. It won't change what I am doing. If they just show what I already know -- that is good. I am going to try to be tough. Dr. Lodi is in Korea this week and won't be in the office until Friday. Maybe I will get the results then.

After my treatment at the center, I got home to boxes of presents. Wow!!!!! I was so surprised and touched, I just sat there and bawled! My kids said I have to wait until my birthday to open them, so I don't know what any are yet. But it looks like some friends in Austin had a party for me and sent it here. I am so touched! There is more to look forward to on my birthday than getting chemo and having a colonic! :)

We are sad that Rick hurt his ankle playing volleyball and hope that it isn't broken. Golly, he goes to get exercise and is having a great time and BAM! So my prayers are with him tonight and I wish I could be there. I am grateful for all the people looking out for him!

Our family has just been so supported and taken care of -- I am sooooo grateful for friends, family, and the Lord.

3 comments:

Sheen Family said...

Happy Birthday to you.......hope your day was WONDERFUL!!! I love reading the updates - keep them coming!!

Corbett Family said...

Glad you got the packages on time and hope you had a great birthday!

Natalie Jane said...

Happy Birthday to my old babysitter! I want you to know that my family's prayers are with you.

Natalie Nordstrom