Sunday, April 20, 2008


Well, here are a couple of pictures from my birthday. What a day! I felt spoiled rotten all day long! Mom and Karson had made some flax seed crackers for me to take into the center to share with all the staff and my other patient friends. Just like bringing cupcakes to a class at school. :)
Dr. Lodi and I sat down and talked again on Friday. We went over the results of a GI panel and a hormone test I had had done in Austin and just got the results for. So now I am taking progesterone, testosterone, and DHEA on top of other things. We also went over the results of the PET scan. Dr. Lodi said it is as good as we can expect. Other than what we already know (the leg - duh- the shoulder, and the small spot in the back, there were small "spots" that showed up on one kidney, my liver and a spot in my abdomen. He said that they were small and couldn't be diagnosed specifically. He said that it could be places of inflammation, it could be the beginnings of something that we are catching early, it could be something that was there that is going away after 2 weeks of treatment -- basically, he said they were something I didn't need to worry about right now. AND, nothing showed up in the right breast -- so the little pebble that I had found that is pretty much gone, he said was nothing. Yay. Anyway, I was getting pretty teary when he told me about the "spots". He told me that they weren't worth losing sleep over, this is our starting point and we will continue to go forward. So, the good news is that there is nothing in my lungs, my brain, my bones, etc. And, Dr. Lodi was very very happy about that. ME TOO! I have to get another PET scan in 90 days and we'll see where we are then...
So, here is more good news: the tumor in my shoulder area is definitely smaller, softer and moves around a lot more. And the spot on my back is smaller and way flatter. So that is exciting. Now, lets get the leg in on the action. I am so impatient about that!!!!!!
Friday night, we had a fun girls' night with sisters and friends. Karson, Berta, Sarah, Mom, Brendl, Carla, and Polly all came over and we did each others feet and toes. It is so nice to have sassy toe nails again -- even though I can't wear sassy sandals yet to show them off. Hopefully it won't be long.
Thanks to everyone for their support and love. I am going to lick this and get my life back! I am going to be one of those miracle stories. I already am. :)

4 comments:

Sheyenne said...

Anna, I love hearing news about you. Any news. I love the great pics you posted as well. I'm sad you may be losing your hair because it is so beautiful, but you will be beautiful with or without it. So glad the tumor in your shoulder has shrunk. And 'Happy Birthday!'

Geoff and Emily said...

Anna - You are so brave to be going through all of this, and for the good attitude you are having! You are right, you are going to beat this! I am always thinking of you, and have you in my prayers as well! Hang in there! I love you!
Emily

Unknown said...

Anna- it is so great to be able to hear about what you are going through. You are such an inspiration! So happy that the tumors are shrinking- always good news! Hang in there- you definately will beat this thing!
Glad you had a great birthday- you deserve it!
As always, praying for you!

Wendy Jean said...

Happy Birthday! You look beautiful in the pictures!! I'm glad you had a good day and everyone spoiled you. You deserve it!