Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Caleb at a Diamondback's Baseball game with Uncle Spencer, McKay and Kaden



This picture is for Aunt Deborah's sake. Abigail is feeling much better about her hair after playing spa with her cousins. :) Many thanks to Auntie Berta and Grandma!










Caleb is enjoying being back in Karate!






Emma, Gracie and Abby planting Sunflower Seed SHELLS. They were mighty disappointed that nothing grew, but it kept them busy for 3 hours one Saturday morning! We'd better get them some real seeds.








Doesn't Emma look beautiful! Aunt Karson made the cake, helped her decorate it AND painted her fingernails AND curled her hair for a fun Girls Night. Emma was thrilled!





Cute kids, huh? I am a bit prejudiced, but I love them!

More stuff on the sore, the tumor, etc. Good and bad, well gross. I guess we could call it the good, the bad and the ugly. I won't show pictures of THAT

Good first: the tumor has shrunk MORE this week. We are truly grateful. I am hoping it continues at this rate. SOMETHING has to make this pain worth it.

Bad (not BAD just gross) news: The next part gets a bit gross, so don't read if you might get queasy. I am back on more anti-biotics; yes, a little more infection, and watching to keep it at bay because -- the sore is nothing more than the tumor itself coming out through the skin. UGH! Dr. Lodi (while he is trying to be compassionate about the pain) is ecstatic. He has seen it do this many times with breast cancer, but never with a liposarcoma, but he isn't completely surprised. Apparently, the tumor is now dying and at a faster rate than my body can absorb it and tackle it internally, so it is literally pushing it out. Raw tissue being exposed (plus the pushing out) makes me want to say bad words, but that doesn't make it feel any better, so what is the point? There is no fun in being naughty enough to say the words.

So.....I hope it keeps going quickly (relatively speaking), because that would make this pain a lot more bearable and seem worth it. Actually the pain is NOT really very bearable, but it would be worth it. :)

My hair loss has slowed down a LOT, but I am still cutting some off -- any input on style? It still has to be long enough for a pony because it is now over 100 degrees here and I have days I just don't feel up to fixing my hair.

Rick is coming on Friday to stay for 3 weeks. We are excited to have him here. Let's hope we all still love being together all day every day after 3 weeks. With the kids homeschooling, playing with cousins and lots going on at Grandma's house, Rick working from home, helping out with meals, etc and me at the Dr. most of each day, it could get crazy. :)

4 comments:

JoelandDeborah said...

Cute pictures, Anna. I'm so thankful you're doing so well!! A thousand hugs and kisses, as always... :-)

Heidi said...

Anna,
Just shave it off. Once the shock is over, it is really quite convenient; and it will definitely help you stay cool. Just put on a hat and go.
But if you are not ready for that I understand. Have you heard the little poem about hair. I can't remember it exactly but it says something like this:
I woke up this morning with three hairs so I decided to go with a braid.
I woke up this morning with two hairs so I decided to part it down the middle
I woke up this morning with one hair so I decided to wear it in a pony tail.
I woke up this morning with no hair and said: "Yea, at least I don't have to bother with my hair today.
Attitude is everything!!!
I love to hear about your progress
and we keep you in our prayers
lots of love
-heidi

Jeannie said...

That's wonderful news!! Bodies are amazing - that is really facinating too how it is forcing it out...but oh boy, I can't imagine the pain you are having to go through - ouch :( Hang in there!!!!

Can you go for a 'bob' and then you don't have to mess with a ponytail? Although I totally agree and always try to have mine at least just long enough to pull it back so I'm prob not much help on hair advice! :P

John and Amy said...

Anna! We have been thinking and praying for you!! I am so glad to hear that the treatment is showing signs of success! You are going to lick this yet! Keep it up and you'll be back in no time! We miss you terribly. Love all the updates. Thank you!