Monday, June 23, 2008























Here are a few pictures from a “photo shoot” the kids and I did to surprise Rick for Father’s Day and one of Emma and Abby enjoying the AZ heat. I wanted to include a picture of Caleb coming home from Cub Scout Day Camp, but he was always sooooo tired and WE were usually so tired (it was usually 11:00pm before he got home), we always forgot. But he had a GREAT time and we are grateful! The shirts and hats were darling and a great hit! He was always filthy and smiling and stinky. Is there any other way to spell success with a Cub Scout activity?

As far as the surgery, I am recovering ok. Everyone says I am progressing at miraculous speed. I just think I am impatient and anxious to GET GOING! I can get myself dressed all the way from the skin out. I can go to the bathroom by myself, I can get into a wheelchair and use it (same with a walker), I am getting there. Everyone is so supportive and encouraging. I am very grateful!! As far as Stake Conference, thanks to everyone who was so helpful!

Stake Conference will be amazing, I know there will be a General Authority there. Enjoy it for me.
















8 comments:

Heather Magnusson said...

Anna
So nice to "hear" your voice!! I am thrilled with how well you are doing, and grateful to our Heavenly Father who always knows what we can and can't handle! You are strong, and a great example to your family, and the rest of us who know you. What a blessing you are! Continue to heal, learn, and share your experiences with others, and many will benefit from this! There are "reasons" for our trials, and those of us who have been touched by your life, are learning from you. Thanks so much!
Hugs,
Heather

Geoff and Emily said...

Anna, I am so amazed at your miraculous recovery speed- you need that for sure! You are always in my throughts and prayers! I am so inspired by your good attitude, and determination to beat this thing! Have you noticed any change in how you feel overall? Don't go going home to Texas before I get to AZ with all of your miraculous recovery! Because I NEED to see you! I love you! Emily

chelon:) said...

anna-you look amazing in those pictures. what a beautiful family you have. i am so grateful to hear that you are doing well. you are such a great example to me. good luck with everything. xoxo

Terri Bills said...

Gee, I take a little time to prepare for girls camp and then actually go to girls camp, and come home and find I have missed so much. The pictures are wonderful. Amazing to see Caleb and Emma growing so fast. Caleb looks like a little gentleman and Emma always does look sweet. Your decision took courage. I bet you are relieved that the hard part of over and you have lots to work toward. I wouldn't even rule out that robotic leg some day - maybe?? I remember Dawn in the Sunset Valley ward who had only one leg and didn't let that slow her down at all - her son kept telling people she worked at IHop. (kinda like Rick calling you Eileen?) Keep happy and focused. You are an inspiration!!

terri

Sheyenne said...

Anna, you look so beautiful in those pictures. Great choice of colors for you and the kids too.
It sounds like you are recovering quickly as well. You can already do so many things! I appreciate so much your keeping the blog updated so I can see how you're doing.

jcrompton said...

Hi Anna, I am so happy to hear things are going well. You are amazing, and I am so inspired by your faith and the strength you have shown. We continue to pray for you and your family. The pictures turned out GREAT. You are beautiful – inside and out! Ty and I are still trying to come up with a “good reason!” We'll get back to you on that one.
Love, Jamie

Wendy Jean said...

You look beautiful in the pictures. I can't believe you had the pictures done so quickly after your surgery. I am amazed at your strength and courage as I read through your posts. Thank you for sharing your experiences. You are an inspiration!

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures Anna! It's great to hear from you again and know that you are doing great relearning things. I know it must be incredibly hard but if anyone can do it, you can! We really miss you and the kids!
Love,
Erin