Sunday, June 29, 2008

Well, I finally got to go home on Wednesday. I was so glad to be home from the hospital! Little did I know what was waiting for me for the next few days. Because one of the Dr.s in the hospital had been sooooooo controlling with my medications, I was a mess. So, I went home and started drug withdrawal for the next few days. Whew! what a mess! The last few days I was in the hospital this particular Dr. upped several meds. I kept saying I didn't want that and she went against me and did it anyway. There were several medications she wanted to start that I declined and I think it upset her, so the ones she had control over, she started controlling. So, the night I got home, I started throwing up, sweating, shaking, feeling like I was going crazy in my head, etc. 'The next day was worse. My Aunt Ethleen came over and TOOK over -- to the relief of my mom. She is an RN and she worked with Dr. Lodi and Mom got fluids, minerals, other things to give me. Things weren't perfect for the next few days, but I woke up this morning feeling like me. I don't need to go into detail, but drug withdrawal is a very scary experience.

I am so glad to be feeling better now, because my sister Deborah is here for the next week and my sister Angela is coming in a few days for a few days. We will have so much fun together. I am so grateful they are here. Sisters are the best! My cousin Bryan came last week and I hated being sick while he was here. It was still good to see him and I am so grateful to him for making the trip.

Learning to do things with one leg is a whole new world for me. I am determined to get it all, but I have to admit that there are way too many things I took for granted. Just getting in the shower is quite the to do. But I will get it. I appreciate Rick and all the work he is doing on the house. Regardless of where we end up we have to sell our house. I have to do a one story. And I appreciate all the people in the ward who have helped. It is very humbling.

Thanks everyone for the love and support. I appreciate it. We love you all!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

So So happy to hear you are doing better. You have such an amazing spirit and attitude. We will continue to pray for you. We love you. Take care...

jcrompton said...

Anna, you are such an inspiration to us all. Keep up the amazing attitude! We are praying for you everyday. Love, The Cromptons :)

Sheyenne said...

Glad to hear you're home now. I'm sure it'll be a continuing challenge learning to live life with one leg, but of all people, YOU are up to it. You are one strong-willed woman, and I know you'll fight through any frustrations and come out on the upside of things.

Geoff and Emily said...

Anna - I just can't believe what a good attitude you have (well, actually, I can, because I know you, but I would be a complete mess after all you've been through). You are an inspriation to so many people, and I hope that things start getting a little easier for you! I hope you know how wonderful you are!! Love you!
Emily