Sunday, July 6, 2008
















Okay, here are some pictures. None of them are flattering of me, but I put them up anyway. This last week has been full of memory making moments that I will treasure forever. Having 2 sisters here and having Rick come and having my kids come back has made for a great week!
It was so fun to have Angela here, but I didn't get any pictures with her here and I am sad about that. I missed her as soon as she was gone. Deborah leaves today and I will miss her terribly. She has been attentive and has even slept with me several times when my Mom was worried about me and needed some sleep herself. My kids sure love their aunties!!!!!!! Speaking of which, my kids came home from Aunt Rebecca's house so loved and treasured! They had a huge lunch for the plane and toys to play with and they made memories at both Deborah's and Becca's houses that will last them for their lifetime.
We went to see "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl" on Friday as a HUGE group of girls. It was such fun! And it was fun to go see a movie for the first time in a long time. Emma now loves the Kit doll and likes to look at her on the American Girl website.
On Saturday, Rick and I went for a little date. We went to Macaroni Grill and for the first time in several years I was able to sit in a booth. Such a silly thing to make a big deal about, but it was so nice! Then we stopped at Seagull Book and had a good time looking in there. It was just nice to be out together.
This morning we went with Sarah and her kids to the Mesa Temple grounds and Visitor's Center. We saw the art exhibit of the Savior that is up now and it was a very touching and spiritual experience for all of us -- even my kids just loved it and want to go back to see it soon before it leaves the Visitor's Center at the end of July.
I feel so blessed. When I saw the picture in the art exhibit of the Savior walking on water, I felt very emotional. When I took my first step off the hospital bed, I was nervous and not sure what to expect. I have felt the Savior's support and comfort so much in this new journey. He has surely been beside me and helped me to do more than I ever thought I could do. The physical and occupational therapists still are surprised, but I know where my strength comes from. Heavenly Father wants me to be a mother. He is allowing me to stay here on earth to be with my husband and kids and I need to learn to be as independent as possible for them and for my confidence in being a mother and wife. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I cannot ever say I have been alone. Help from the other side and help on this side from family and friends has helped me to get up every day and work hard.

11 comments:

Alison K. said...

You look Great Anna!!! I am so impressed by your strength and ability to make the best of things! Keep up the good recovery

Heather Magnusson said...

You look beautiful!! So glad you posted, as it's fun to keep up with you. You are amazing! I'm sure we'll be up soon!

Geoff and Emily said...

Anna - I can't believe you are out and about doing things already!! I am so inspired by you! I also think you look BEAUTIFUL! You are just gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks - or less. You will still be there, right? I love you!!
EMILY

Byron and Tara said...

You look AWESOME Anna!! Miss you

Sheyenne said...

Anna, the others are right. You are looking beautiful as always. I also can't believe how you are just all over town already. It's a great start for you. I think I'd be really afraid to try to venture out for a while, so I admire your courage. And Yay for sitting in a booth! I love it too.

Unknown said...

Anna you look incredible! I love the haircut! I can't believe how much you are doing already! Keep up the hard work and I know the Lord will continue to bless you.

The Todd Family said...

I wish I could see you!! You look amazing!!! We miss you tons!!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna!

I found your page thru Amanda's (which I found thru Jen's). I LOVE your pictures! What a beautiful family! I am so glad to hear that you are doing a little better. I miss all of your family so much and hate that we all live so far apart. I am glad that you are enjoying these lovely summer days with your family!

Lots of love,
Tracey

Angela said...

Anna, you are such an inspiration to me, and are simply doing amazing things! Thank you so much for keeping this page up to date and for allowing us to share in your trials and triumphs. Our family continues to send prayers your way!

Missing you in Texas,
The VanDerwerken family

Anonymous said...

We love you Anna!

Kierstin and rest of Whiting family

Tammy said...

WOW WHAT A HOT MAMA.. You are glowing. You really look great. I am so happy to hear that you are doing good. Wow and what a great family you have.