Tuesday, September 2, 2008
































Well, once again I feel like a slacker, but it is nice to be "too busy" to catch up on the blog. Things have been really busy!! We have had a fun last couple of weeks.

I went to the temple all by myself. What an accomplishment. Whew! It was a test of faith, but once I got there, I felt so silly that I had doubted. Everyone was so nice and helpful, and, I was glad to see that I didn't need much help. :) Rick went the same day to the San Antonio Temple so we could "be in the temple together." I know: soooo romantic. Well, we tried.

We had a GREAT time with Rick when he was here. We had a big birthday dinner for him with family and friends here on the Sunday before his birthday and then (THANK YOU Aunt Karson) Rick and I went out alone on his birthday. It was nice to be together!!!!

We had a really fun time in San Diego visiting Uncle Jon and Aunt Megan and their family. We went to Old Town and the beach and the San Diego Zoo. My favorite part (as you can tell by my including the picture) of the zoo were the meerkats. And I never knew giraffes had such personality! It was very very fun. Aunt Megan should be buff now after pushing me so much in the wheelchair that day -- up and down ALL those hills. The San Diego Temple was open for a few hours Monday morning for the Labor Day holiday, so Rick and I got up early and went and did a session -- finally REALLY together in the temple. And it was a dream for Rick since he had grown up in San Diego, but then moved for his Sr. year in High School and then was on his mission when the temple was completed. Other than seeing a sealing room at Barry's and Avery's wedding, we had never seen the inside. It is very very beautiful!

This morning I had to take Rick to the airport which was hard for both of us. Back to being apart. *sigh* The kids and I got right into school after breakfast, though, which helped me stay busy. They did a great job after about 2 1/2 months of NO school. It will be nice to be in a routine again.

I am continuing to feel good, although I am tired sometimes since I go, go, go a lot. After feeling so encumbered and unable to go and do, I just want to go, go, go and often I do a bit much. I still get sick from the treatments, so I really don't go too much Monday - Thursday, but on Fridays and Saturdays, I seem to make up for it and then some. I will continue to learn my limits. I am so grateful for all the help I receive.

It is continually brought to my attention how mindful Heavenly Father is of all his children. I know He loves me and my husband and my children. I am so grateful. I don't know what the rest of my life holds in store, but I am so grateful to know I am not alone in any of this. I am grateful for a Savior who thinks I am worth believing in. I am grateful for all He has done for me. I am grateful for temples, for the gospel and prophets who lead us today. On Sunday, in my brother's ward in San Diego, they talked a lot about Proposition 8 (the amendment to the State Constitution about marriage between only a man and a woman). I am so grateful for the Proclamation to the World from our leaders. I am grateful for others around the world who also stand for the family and also fight to keep the family unit strong. I know that if we can keep families strong, our nation will be stronger.

6 comments:

Chino Blanco said...

Mona Twocats lives in Bakersfield with her wife, who she has been with for 20 years, and they have sent three children through the Kern High School District.

So when she found out a resolution to support Proposition 8, which is a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, would be discussed Tuesday evening, she decided to speak to the KHSD board.

“We have families, real families, and to hear someone say that my children are less than others because they were raised by two women, when they have so many scholastic and athletic honors,” she said after the meeting. “To hear that from a school board member is disturbing.”

School board rejects resolution on same-sex marriage

This Prop 8 thing that y'all are so gung ho about ... well, it could impact real people, real parents, real kids. Families.

Terri Bills said...

Anna, you look so good! It's great to hear you are up and going, even if you over do a bit. I can't imagine you ever being happy slowing down. Are you going to be able to return to Texas?

The kids continue to look happy and beautiful. I think they are very blessed to have you as their mom - and you know that means a great deal to me. Rick is great too, but we mom's have to stick together, right?

Thanks for the updates. It's nice to feel in touch with your family. Let us know when you get back.

Geoff and Emily said...

Anna, this post brought me to tears. I am amazed at your great outlook on life and your eternal optimism. I don't know how you do it! You are amazing to me! Know that I love you - you are still in my thoughts and prayers every day! (you look so good, too!) Sorry you have to be away from Rick again... I hope he had a great birthday! Love, Emily

Geoff and Emily said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Emma, too! I know it's coming up really soon. When is Caleb's? I don't think I know.

Bromileys said...

Y'all look great! What an adorable family! Hope you are feeling well.

Sheyenne said...

Anna, I love all the pictures. The meerkats are so cute. I don't know that I've ever seen any. And I really really love the panda mascot! You look great, and it does sound like you are incredibly busy. You have more energy during treatment even than I have on my good days it seems. Good to "hear" from you.