Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ahhh! The Sweet Sound of.......Opera

This afternoon we met Rick at Dell for his company family Halloween Party. And, Dell is not small. I absolutely adore little people in costumes and it is fun for our kids, too, but after 2 1/2 hours of trying not to trip anyone with my crutches and trying not to get pushed over by little people looking for their parents (or by the parents just pushing by people), I was a quivering bundle of nerves inside.

Rick decided to take the kids to Subway to give me a break (I fell in love with him all over again for that) and I drove home ALONE!!!!!!!!!! Alone, alone, alone, alone. As I drove, I realized that it has been 2 weeks since I have been absolutely all alone. No kids, no husband, no one but me.

I put a Renee Fleming CD in the stereo (even people who don't love opera could like her, I think) and felt the anxiety start to melt away. I was so in the zone -- not good when you are driving -- I missed my exit, enjoying the strains of "O Mio Bambino, Caro". So, I ended up taking the long way home and getting a little more alone music time. It was worth it, even though taking that way landed me in a traffic pile-up. I was enjoying my alone time so much I even let several people go in front of me. :)



I do not zone out to opera often enough. I am determined to do it more often - not driving of course.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Anna,
thanks for sharing that beautiful arrangement of Holy Night. I totally zoned out and loved every minute of it.
Heidi
- so glad to here you are doing well. I love to check up on you guys via this site, so thanks and keep it up.
sending lots of love from the Billings in Portland, OR.

Paige said...

Oh, I love times like that--where you are pleasantly surprised with a battery-recharge : ) Thanks for sharing a moment with the video, too...O Holy Night is one of my favorites.