Monday, November 10, 2008

What do you call a cow with a twitch?

Beef Jerky -- Compliments of Laffy Taffy. I entertained everyone while they ate their Halloween Candy. This is the first year Rick and I dressed up with the kids. I was a pirate, although we never got around to figuring out how to rig up a peg leg. Maybe next year. Rick was Neo (sp?) from Matrix. I have never seen the movies, but Rick looked very Keanu Reeve-ish. Caleb was Indiana Jones and Emma was an angel (in every sense of the word).



Caleb has been quite the little man around here, lately. He has been begging to be allowed to mow the lawn. He finally got to. Our lawn mower isn't self-propelled, so I don't know if he will be begging again anytime soon, but he did such a good job, he is hired for the job. He also likes to fix some of his own meals. Breakfast is his favorite and his specialties are: omelets, eggs/toast, and breakfast tacos. He can also make grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese and is learning to make pizza dough for pizza/calzones. Emma's specialty is breakfast, too -- she can pour a mean bowl of granola. :) She almost has mac and cheese down and loves to make her own sandwiches. They both are big help cleaning and folding laundry and doing dishes. Emma thinks doing dishes is fun. Let's see how long THAT lasts. :)

I went to AZ for 2 days last week for another treatment. I forgot how icky I feel after chemo. I am still feeling "chemo-lag" today. Rick was such a trooper while I was gone. He was trying to work from home, help kids with homework, and get them off to school all by himself. :) He was truly grateful that I am still alive so that he isn't doing this alone. I am grateful, too.
We feel truly thankful this Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cute costumes! I am glad every thing is getting back to normal. You guys all look so happy!

Sheyenne said...

Love the costume pics, and really love the sight of Caleb mowing the lawn! I used to mow our lawn in North Dakota when I was 12 and it was an all-day job. We had 48 trees in our yard, plus shrubs and other stuff that I had to go around as well. I think I got paid about $4. And I was happy to do it! I felt rich after that!
Sorry you're having to deal with chemo-lag. I sure am glad you're still here too. :)

Geoff and Emily said...

Of course, we are all glad you are still here, Anna! I love your costumes, too! You look absolutely beautiful as a pirate - you should do that look more often! I am also so impressed with your children and how much they know how to do! I think I still treat my kids like they are babies in too many ways... probably because I still have a "baby". Good job teaching your kids to be independent! Love you guys!!