Thursday, November 13, 2008

TAGGED

Okay, I have been tagged numerous times in the past and I never do this sort of thing -- so why am I doing it now?? :) Who knows. I guess Jeannie caught me in the right mood. So, anyone who gets annoyed by this- just skip this blog and move on.

8 favorite TV shows
1. Biggest Loser (except this season has been disappointing with the "drama")
2. Chuck
3. Dancing with the Stars
4. Amazing Race (although I haven't seen any this season since our Media Center is packed away and I can't record the shows)
5. ????
6. ????
7. ????
8. ????
*sorry, I really don't watch much TV anymore. I feel too good these days. :) And now that I am not at my Mom's house there is no cable -- no HGTV (sob)

8 Favorite Restaurants

1. Mom's House - free, good food!
2. Jason's Deli
3. Sahbuddy's - Israeli food (fabulous falafel and hummus)
4. Thai Palace
5. Cheddar's
6. Johnny Carino's
7. PF Chang's
8. My house -- really I'm too cheap to eat out much and I love to cook, so I end up thinking, "I could have made this better. It IS nice not to have to do the dishes, though.

8 Books You'd Recommend

1. Anything by Shannon Hale -- especially Goose Girl, Enna Burning and River Secret
2. Anything by Jane Austen - I have to admit that Pride & Prejudice will always be up there at the top!!!
3. L.M. Montgomery -- Emily of New Moon ranks as high as Anne of Green Gables on my list
4. Anti-Cancer: a new way of life by David Servan-Schreiber
5. The Whole Foods Market Cookbook
6. Raw Food Made Easy for 1 0r 2 people
7. Any "Alfie and Annie Rose" book by Shirley Hughes. I HIGHLY recommend these books of hers, especially for people with little ones who have siblings (like "Alfie gets in first")
8. Biographies -- just about any

8 Things That Happened Yesterday

1. I cooked enchiladas, sweet 'n' sour chicken, chimichangas, beans and rice w/spicy sausage, chili, chicken noodle soup, and calzones to go in the freezer to make the move easier.
2. Helped Caleb with his Polish Texans Immigration Project, his spelling and his math.
3. Helped Emma with her homework.
4. Read to Emma
5. Went grocery shopping with my kids and still loved them when I got home (a major accomplishment)
6. Watched "Chuck" on nbc.com while I cooked
7. Felt accomplished with the above 6
8. Put my leg up while I waited for Rick to come to bed

8 Things to look forward to

1. A new house
2. A new house with no stairs
3. A new house with a bigger kitchen
4. A new house with a doggy door for the naughty puppy who won't tell us he needs to go out and then pees by the door.
5. A new house with french doors on the living room for a quieter piano
6. Waking up every day
7. Having energy when I wake up every day.
8. Seeing people I love every day.
*can you tell I'm not one bit excited about our new house! Only a few more days!

8 Things on My Wish List

1. A relaxing holiday season (I absolutely refuse to be stressed this year, even if there are boxes surrounding me)
2. A long and healthy life
3. A new digital camera
4. More books (can you ever have too many?)
5. More sheet music (ditto)
6. Healthy children
7. Obedient children who never fight (okay, my Mom used to say that this is all she wanted for birthdays and Christmas. We would say, "No, REALLY, Mom! Tell us what you REALLY want!" I get it now)
8. A Temple closer than San Antonio

8 Things I Love About Fall

1. Christmas Music (we start before Halloween often in this family)
2. Christmas Decorations, smells and wrapped presents under trees (who cares what is in them -- it so fun to see them under the tree!)
3. Gingerbread Cookies and an excuse to make gingerbread (the cakey real stuff), for breakfast
4. Pumpkins -- pie, muffins, bread, etc
5. Thanksgiving -- This year we have soooooo much to be thankful for!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat (please don't let me be the goose this year!)
7. Sleeping with the windows open/No more Air Conditioning
8. Nippy mornings and glorious afternoons

I am not tagging anyone else, but if anyone else wants to do it, I would read it with pleasure.

Happy Fall! Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays! Enjoy the smells of the holidays! Hug the people you love today!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Yay!!! Way to give in to the TAG! :) hehe, Actually it was a fun one for me too and not as painful as some of them are. Where is Sahbuddy's?

I totally agree on the books and sheet music. You are AMAZING on the awesome freezer cooking. That was fun when we did that, we should do it again. I'm excited about your house too, when's the big day?

Geoff and Emily said...

It was fun to read all of the things about you, Anna! You are truly an inspiration. I can hardly get around to making a decent meal for dinner, and you are doing all of that in one day! You are superwoman! I love you so much, and also have so much to be thankful for this year - you are on the list, of course!

Anna said...

Sahbuddy's is in Mesa, sadly.

We are supposed to close on the new house on Wednesday, but the title company keeps pushing out the closing on our current house, so the other closing might get moved. ugh. It is set for Monday, right now. Keeping our fingers crossed.