Monday, January 19, 2009

Little Bites, Big Enthusiasm


I need to say upfront that this blog is for family memory preservation, so it will probably be boring to others. I just have to remember Emma eating corn on the cob. I wish I had gotten a picture of her doing it. She will not eat corn unless it is on the cob. It is definitely not in season right now, but sometimes I give in just for the sheer pleasure it brings Emma and the joy it is to watch her eat. She does not eat in an organized fashion -- she just digs right in and goes to town, with "mmms" and "ooohs" and "num num num" the whole time. Then she proceeds to clean up everyone else's cobs. And I can attribute this love of corn to gardening when we were in Seattle, thanks to Rick's Grandma for the land to garden and for instilling a love in me and my children for gardening. We miss her and the kids often talk of Grandma Callup showing them slugs and worms and snails. Growing your own vegetables taught Caleb and Emma (especially my picky-eater Emma) to be more adventurous about eating vegetables. And to LOVE them!

1 comment:

Terri Bills said...

She recognized a good thing there - corn on the cob is the best!!