Friday, February 6, 2009

This is How We Do it in Texas!


Okay, I don't eat it, but I can MAKE it..... My husband said this was the best burger ever - Big Smoky Burgers! They were fabulous smelling and I don't even like beef. So, I was a little proud. Homemade buns, homemade burgers (well, kind of homemade - Caleb said they weren't homemade since we didn't raise the beef and butcher it) -- my husband was happy! I usually just buy a pack of burgers at Costco. I was feeling adventurous, especially considering how much I hate touching raw meat. Caleb and Emma loved them, too.

Here is a secret to good burgers I have learned recently -- mix all your burger stuff together and let it sit overnight to let the flavors meld. This burger has chipotle peppers and a little liquid smoke in them -- so it smelled a little like beef jerky when I pulled it out of the fridge to form the patties.

Just a tidbit of fun.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Homemade buns! Ok, now I'm really impressed!