Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Well, I don't have much to report. Yesterday morning, I couldn't get a treatment done because there was some sort of blockage in my picc line. Since Dr. Lodi wants me to get a port anyway, they decided to just expedite that. So, no treatments until the port is in. It may get done tomorrow, we are just waiting on insurance approval. I am scared to death. I won't get put under; they just use pain meds and sedation, but it is still a little surgery. ack!! The nice part is that once I am over the soreness, etc. there is no maintenance for me. I can shower, swim, etc. With the picc line, it has been a pain -- I have to use the press and seal plastic wrap and keep the picc line dry and clean. The port will be under the skin. It will just hurt a little to access it every day -- just like a little shot. That has been the nice part of the picc line. I guess it will all be worth it. I would love love LOVE to get in the pool (when it is a smidge warmer) and just float -- taking that gravity off my leg. The tumor is soooo heavy to carry around!

So, hopefully, the next entry will have good news: back to treatments!

The kids are doing great! Their school is going well and they are already swimming when they can. What a blessing to be by cousins!

No comments: