Thursday, May 1, 2008




I know it has been a while. I am sorry - thanks to everyone who has asked. I feel so silly doing this. It feels self-centered.
The above pictures are Caleb playing Legos with cousin Kaden Knopp. Rick and Caleb hanging out in Uncle Spencer and Aunt Karson's pool. And Emma literally hanging around with cousin Abby Thomason.
The last week has been a bit tougher for me than I wanted. I started getting a fever right after I last posted. I didn't talk about it, thinking I was detoxing. But I was feeling pretty crummy. My thinking was, "If I complained about all the pain and aches, I would never shut up. It doesn't do any good and it is yucky to be around!!!!" Besides, you kind of get used to not feeling good sometimes. Anyway, by the next day when I told Mom I had a fever that wouldn't go away, she FREAKED!!!!!! She ran for the thermometer and when she saw 101.9, she ran me to the Dr. She scolded me the whole way there for not telling her. :) Sure enough, she was right, the sore on my leg was infected and from the blood tests they ran it had gone systemic. Ick! So, no port-a-cath until the infection is FOR SURE gone, but miraculously, my picc line started working that very day (which is good since even Dr. Lodi couldn't get an IV in my arm after 2 nurses tried). So I could go back to getting treatments immediately. On top of the treatments now, I am getting 2 oral antibiotics, 2 IV antibiotics every day and a shot in the rear antibiotic every day to take care of this infection. We thought we had it licked for the most part, but this week back came a 102.6 fever raging for a while and that is when the Dr. upped the antibiotics and added a few drugs. Such fun! So that is why I haven't updated. I haven't felt super duper and it is kind of depressing to talk about. BUT, today I woke up feeling the first bit of spunk that I have felt in several weeks. I overdid a bit since I felt good, but now I am ready for bed and to sleep.
THE KIDS ARE DARLING!!!!!! They have been great for the most part. Caleb has been a big help. He has worked soooooo hard on his schooling (he can tell you about the periodic table and has built molecules and explained them all to me with the correct structure -- he is amazing!) and he has been helping Grandma clean and organize. Emma has been NO help, but has sure gotten in a LOT of hard play.
Caleb is going on the father/son campout with Uncle Spencer tomorrow and is very very excited about that. Emma is planning a huge girls' night with cousin Abby. I will hopefully include pictures of these events next time. Good night!

3 comments:

Geoff and Emily said...

Anna - I am sorry that you have been feeling extra yucky! That is not what you need! I was wondering about you, since you hadn't posted anything for a while. You are in my thoughts and prayers! We love you, Anna. Hang in there! Emily

Sheyenne said...

Anna, I love the pictures- especially the one where Rick is shooting Caleb. I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time. I was worried that that was the reason you weren't posting, but I didn't want to bother you if you weren't feeling well. So glad you're feeling a little more "spunk" today though. And PLEASE, let people know what's going on with you! You are SO not a whiner, and everyone knows that, but there's no need to suffer unneccessarily.

Unknown said...

Anna, So sorry that your haven't been feeling well (well, worse than usual). You are amazing and I don't think anyone would call you a whiner. I hope that things have gotten a bit better for you. Love the pics- we miss the kids too! Hope your Mother's Day was fabulous! Miss you- Erin