Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hello,

I AM still alive. I didn't realize it had been soooo long since I had posted. Honestly, the last 2 weeks have been incredibly rough!!! To put it slightly. The infection I mentioned earlier flared to a pretty scary degree. I had a low grade fever during the morning which would start to go up to around 102 - 103 or higher at night. It never left and I was a pretty sick puppy for the last 2 weeks. After a weird heart/breathing thing last Friday which landed me a trip in an ambulance to the hospital, I guess my body decided that that was it. Friday night (or more accurately Saturday morning) at 2:30am, my fever BROKE. I woke up absolutely drenched from head to toe. I was so excited, I woke up Rick (who was here visiting). He was happy for me, but in the middle of the night, I didn't get much reaction from him. :)

So, it took a couple of days after that to feel more back to normal, but I am feeling much spunkier now FOR REAL and getting out of bed isn't such an incredibly hard thing to do.

The kids weathered the sickness, but I think I wore everyone around me out. I hate that. Mom isn't getting well like she should, Aunt Karson is sick now after taking so much care of me and my kids, Aunt Sarah must be WORN out, too. Hopefully, now, I can step back into being a MOM. My days are long at the clinic sometimes and I feel like a working mom. *sigh*

In the middle of being sick, my picc line starting clotting so badly that we couldn't use it and the Dr. wanted it OUT. With the infection, they couldn't put in a port, so last week, with a fever and feeling like death, I had the picc line taken in and a TAK line put in my chest. It wasn't fun. But the Dr. is sure that the reason I couldn't get rid of the infection after ALL the antibiotics I was on, is because it was in the picc line, too. He is probably right, since 2 days after getting it out the fever broke finally.

The kids started swimming lessons this week and Caleb is now back in karate, so they are finding activities here. It is good. They still love playing with cousins and think they are abused if a day goes that they don't see any cousins to play with ( I think it has happened only 2 or 3 times the whole time we have been here). They are good kids and I am glad they are here with me. We miss Rick like crazy and look forward to the times he can come.

Hopefully, next time I can report something a little more cheerful. The good news is: I think we have the infection beat! I am still finishing my last antibiotic, but then I think we are done! Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Geoff and Emily said...

I am so sorry you are going through all of this, Anna! You are such a strong person to keep enduring! I pray for you, and hope you know that there are a lot of people who love you. I wish, like I think I've said before, that I could be there in AZ to help you! I love you, girl! Emily

Sheyenne said...

Anna, so great to hear from you! I knew something was going on. But this IS cheerful- to hear that you are feeling better after feeling lousy for such a long spat is great. Keep plugging away like you do. We're thinking and praying about you here as always.

Jeannie said...

That sounds like great news! What a rough few weeks but so glad to hear you feel like getting up and about now and are totally fever free.

It's great to hear that everything is shrinking too! The EMS ride sounds like a scary experience that night.... sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad you got the help you needed to breath and the help you needed at the hospital. I also hope your Mom is feeling better!

Keep pressing forward :)