Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Eastward Ho!

We are now leaving Friday morning. Rick is flying in to AZ and will drive back with us. Trying to pack and still do treatments has proven a bit tricky, as I don't feel like I am worth much in the afternoons. But, little by little we'll get it done.

We had a fun birthday weekend with the kids. Rick flew in Thursday night on Emma's b-day and we spent Friday celebrating Caleb's birthday. In the afternoon we drove to Queen Creek to Brady and Berta's house. My Dad and Sharon were there to visit. Caleb got to play Uncle Brady's Wii and some Xbox games we don't have. He thought that was cool. Aunt Berta let Emma, Cat and Sarah (cousins) play with her make-up. Oh wow, what that a hit. I have to get the pictures from Berta - they are too good to pass up.

Saturday morning we went to the zoo. I love zoos a LOT, but we did get pretty hot there. We drank a lot of water and went in the shade, when possible. The orangatuans were my favorite this time at the zoo. The baby was a riot -- so smart!

Rick and I got to spend a little bit of time alone Saturday night - yay! He left Sunday night but will be back on Thursday. I can't believe we are really truly going home! And cross your fingers, our house is under contract. We hope it will go through smoothly and quickly.

Just think, I will be sleeping my own bed in 4 nights. I hope to get home on Saturday in time to make it to the General Relief Society Broadcast. Is there anything going on before it at the Stake Center? I need to find out.

6 comments:

Corbett Family said...

There is a social before the broadcast starting at 5:30 p.m. with finger foods and desserts. Can't wait to see you back here in Texas!

Strong Family - said...

I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!! Have a safe trip!

Strong Family - said...

Oh, and good luck with your house. There is a one-story house for sale down the street from us...hint, hint. :-)

Sheyenne said...

It'll be great to have you back. I'll see you at the RS Broadcast hopefully!

Geoff and Emily said...

I am so happy for you to get home! It will be wonderful to feel like a family again! And, YOU are silly to leave me comments like that... when YOU are the inspiration for my enduring to the end!! I love you, Anna! Have a safe trip home!

The Higham Family said...

Hi Anna! Its your cousin Kim- I just discovered your blog. I'm excited to keep up with whats going on in your life. Your kids are adorable!!