Monday, September 8, 2008

The next PET scan is here!

Okay, the PET scan is tomorrow - Tuesday, September 9th. I have to be there at 9:30 for the radioactive junk to get put into my blood for the 11:00am scan. I am praying so hard. I don't know when I get the results, but it should be before the end of the week.

Also, my liver enzymes started dropping!!!! That is a great sign. We are so happy!

So, when I post again it should be with good results - I hope, I hope!

Another reason to post is to put up some pictures of the kids. Their cousins and aunts and uncles celebrated their birthdays on Sunday (pretty early, but it was the weekend that worked). The kids got spoiled rotten by their aunts and uncles! They were so happy and excited. And I was tired! I had to make 2 cakes on Saturday/Sunday. Caleb did want to decorate his own and that was ok with me. This is monkey business having kids whose birthdays are right next to each other! :) September is an expensive month for us. Rick's birthday is August 26, Emma's is September 18 and Caleb's is September 19th. I had a good incentive (okay, bribe) for them today to get their schoolwork done quickly; they could play with all their new stuff as soon as they were finished. I have never seen Emma get done sooooo cheerfully and soooooo quickly!

So, Caleb and Emma get to celebrate their birthdays 2 times. They don't mind. We will celebrate it again on their real birthdays when Rick comes into town the 18th - 21.

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

I am hoping and praying with you for good results on your PET scan today. I am so sorry you are facing all of these challenges. I wish I was closer so that I could be of some help to you and your family.

Sheyenne said...

Happy (Early) Birthdays to Caleb and Emma! Your PET scan is already over as I'm reading this at almost 1pm, so I'm hoping it went okay, and I'll be anxiously awaiting the results.

Tammy said...

You are going to be in my prayers today. I really hope all goes well.