Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Results are in!































Okay, the results are in and, we are thankful to say that they are good! The only part that was a little disheartening was that, apparently, there was more cancer spread throughout my body than we initially knew. So, when we found out all the improvement, our first response was: what? we didn't know there had been cancer there! Maybe now it is good that I didn't know; if I had known how widespread it was, who knows if I would have fought so hard when I was sooooo terribly sick right before the surgery. But now I know and all the places have either gotten drastically smaller or are gone.

Here is what the Dr. wants me to do: chemo every other week for 3 rounds (1st one starting tomorrow), so that would put us here for another month. I have to decide. So we may not be home to Texas until the second week in October. *sigh* We'll see..... I might be able to only have 2 more rounds. We are playing it by ear right now.


The pictures of the kids are cute, huh (and what a cute Grandma and Baby Matthew)? Although you can tell that by the time we got to present-opening-time, Caleb was hot and sweaty from playing outside with cousins. :) They had fun and got seriously spoiled by Aunties and Uncles and Grandma! I love them and am so grateful for them! Rick and I would be so lonely without them! They have been trooopers through this whole experience. They have both grown in compassion for others and in understanding how prayer can really work!


And, one last picture: Emma is learning to make omelets. Omelets or granola seem to be the breakfasts of choice around here, lately.

4 comments:

Corbett Family said...

So glad to get the updates from you and see how things are going. Can't wait to see you back in Texas (even though we won't be in the same ward for now).

Sheyenne said...

Phew! So glad to hear the good news. I'm glad that you didn't know about the others spots either. It would just have caused more stress, and now that they are smaller or not there at all, it's okay not to have known. Thanks so much for letting us know what's going on.

Cyndi said...

I am so glad to know that chemo is working for you. I hope you continue to get good news.

Lindsay said...

I am so glad that you guys are going to be able to go home! I will miss you and your kids but it is what is best for you guys! I love their cakes way to cute!