Monday, February 9, 2009

Hey! HE IS CUTTING IN LINE!

I turned into a 1st grader today. There needs to be a police department for "cutting" in traffic. Most of the time I am a pretty patient driver. Most of the time. This morning -- not so much. Since it was raining, I left early to take Rick to work. I got in the correct line to enter the freeway and immediately traffic came to a dead stop! Then, as we are crawling forward one inch per minute, people are zooming by us on the right then slamming on their brakes at the "front of the line" to get onto the freeway. I felt like screaming, "Your schedule is not any more important than the rest of ours -- get in line and wait your turn!" But, I held it in and just enjoyed a few minutes to be with Rick on a Monday morning. And, since morning is his absolutely favorite time of day, anyone who knows him knows how communicative he is at 7:15 in the morning (side note for those who don't know him: this is the man who is kind all day, BUT in the morning. The first week we were married he said, "I love you, but PLEASE don't be so cheerful in the morning and PLEASE don't sing until after I have had a shower. Cute songs in the morning are NOT funny to me." I can laugh about it now because I am still a morning person -- I just don't talk to him).

Anyway, so I am put-putting on the freeway now, going 3 mph, thinking of my friend Kriste's blog about how marching band should be a requisite to driving so people learn how to merge, when I realize that people are zooming by me on the right in an exit-only lane and then stopping traffic to try to get back "in line" before they have to exit. ARGH!

The funny thing about all of this is that I woke up in a good mood and when I got home, I was in a good mood, but seeing that really ticked me off this morning. I wasn't allowed to "cut" in school -- didn't anyone else learn that?

No comments: